LAST REVISED: 5/24/18
1. PERSONAL DATA AND NON-PERSONAL DATA
a. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
b. “Non-Personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Non-Personal Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. I collect Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, as described below.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO I COLLECT AND HOW DO I USE IT?
a. What data is collected. I collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, for example, when you create an Account, register for my newsletter and/or make a purchase I may require your name, email, contact information, billing address, credit card inform and/or other information you may provide us. I also collect information about you from various sources, including from your in-store purchases. I also may collect information about you that I receive from other sources (like public records), to enable me to update and correct the information contained in my database and to provide product recommendations and special offers that I think will interest you.
b. Use of Personal Data.
We will use your Personal Data to:
◦ Make the Site or services available to you;
◦ Process and fulfil orders;
◦ Enhance the Site;
◦ Respond to your requests or to manage Accounts;
◦ Monitor the security of the Site; and/or
◦ Provide you with promotional communications.
a. Third-Party Service Provides. I will share your Personal Data with third parties, such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, fraud protection, credit risk reduction, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with the Site and delivery of purchased Services.
b. Compliance with laws and for other legitimate business purposes.
I will share your Personal Data when I believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, regulation, to protect users, the integrity of the Site and to defend or exercise my legal rights. I may also disclose your Personal Data when it may be necessary for other legitimate and lawful purposes as reasonably determined by us.
d. Corporate restructuring.
4. NON-PERSONAL DATA I COLLECT
a. Information Collected by my Servers. To make my Site more useful to you, my servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
d. Flash LSOs. When I post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalise certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
5. YOUR U.K. PRIVACY RIGHTS Users from the U.K. have the right to ask me to amend or limit the processing of their Personal Data, (as defined by U.K. law) and in particular not to process their Personal Data for marketing purposes. I will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if I intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your rights to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The U.K. Data Protection Act 1998 ("the DPA 1998") gives users from the U.K. the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.
◦ Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
◦ Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us.
◦ Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that I hold about you.
◦ Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that I stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
◦ Right to rectification: You may have the right to require me to correct any of your Personal Data.
7. PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICE
a. General. You may modify the information you have provided to me at any time through your Account. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications, deactivate, or delete your Account at any time.
b. Data Protection duties. I undertake to ensure continued commitment to privacy and security practices. For further information please contact me at: email@example.com.
8. INFORMATION SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY I maintain (and requires my subcontractors and service providers to maintain) appropriate organisational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any information I process. However, no organisational or technical measures are 100% secure so you should take care when disclosing information online and act reasonably to protect yourself online.
10. UNSUBSCRIBE You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe to any emails or mailings by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in promotional emails I send you. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you use the services provided through the Site, you will continue to receive email correspondence from me related to the services. Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by me. It is your obligation to verify that you have been opted-out. I will not be liable for problems with the opt-out procedures. Please note that any request to be removed from such mailing lists may take up to one (1) week to become effective. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you order online, I will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email, or regular mail if I have questions about your order. If you register for an Account on the Site, you may review and update your account information by logging in to your account with your username and password at www.martin-endemann.co.za or by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.